AUSTIN, Texas, Feb. 28, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- This February marks an occasion so special it only happens once every four years – a leap year. To celebrate, companies and brands are offering unique February 29-themed sales of their own. For shoppers who are lucky enough to be born on leap day, you are in even more luck, as some of the best leap year deals and freebies are available exclusively to "leaplings."
For more information on how to find the best savings, and the full list of Leap Day deals and freebies, head to the RetailMeNot blog, The Real Deal.
Food & Beverage Deals:
- Olive Garden: On February 29, bring home an Olive Garden $5 Take Home entrée for just $2.29 (get it?) with a choice between Fettuccine Alfredo, Five Cheese Ziti al Forno and Spaghetti with Meat Sauce. If your birthday falls on February 29, you'll also get four free dolicini desserts.
- Postmates: The food delivery service is celebrating leap day by delivering something extra from Popeyes. Anyone who buys a chicken sandwich from Popeyes through Postmates (with a minimum order of $15) between February 24–28 will receive a code for a free chicken sandwich via email on February 29.
- Quiznos: Inspired by the leap day tradition in which women are encouraged to propose to their significant other, anyone that proposes to their lover—subbing a sandwich for a ring—will be entered to win free Quiznos catering at their wedding.
Leap Year Clothing Deals
- Bare Necessities: Shop the site on Leap Day to get 29% off thousands of styles plus free 2-day shipping on orders over $70.
- Reebok: Visit the site on February 29 to shop $29.99 Leap Year steals with code LEAP.
- Topshop: Get 20% off sitewide and free shipping on orders over $20 with code LEAP20.
Leap Year Travel Deals
- Great Wolf Lodge: On February 29, book a room for $29 per person at any of the 18 U.S.-based locations with code LEAPYEAR. The offer is good for Family Suites bookings between April 13 and May 21, 2020 with a minimum of two guests per room.
- Hotels.com: This year, Hotels.com will reward 29 lucky people with Leap Day birthdays with a special discount code worth $290 each to use on a stay at a hotel of their choice. Eligible leaplings can tweet at @hotelsdotcom on February 29 to share the biggest struggle of being born on Leap Day. Hotels.com will pick the 29 best answers based on creativity and level of struggle and reward the winners! For those not born on Leap Day, you can still get 29% off on select properties for stays between February and May, 2020, plus an additional 8% off with the code LEAPYEAR2020.
- Motel 6: Visit and book through Motel 6's Leap Year page by March 2 to get up to 20% off rates for stays between February 29 and March 31, 2020 at participating locations.
About RetailMeNot, Inc.
RetailMeNot, Inc. is a leading savings destination bringing people and the things they love together through savings with retailers, brands, restaurants and pharmacies. RetailMeNot makes everyday life more affordable through online and in-store coupon codes, cash back offers, and the RetailMeNot Genie browser extension. Savings are also provided in consumers' mailboxes through the RetailMeNot Everyday™ direct mail package, and at the pharmacy with RxSaver by RetailMeNot.
RetailMeNot is a Vericast business. To learn more, visit http://www.retailmenot.com/corp or follow @RetailMeNot on social media.